cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to have H-REAP broadcast only specific locally switched SSID's?

msmith
Level 1
Level 1

I'm new to this H-REAP configuration, but in the main office we have about 6 WLAN's.  I have a remote office which I want to have 2 new WLAN's and have them switched locally.  How can I only have the H-REAP AP's at this site only broadcast those 2 SSID's vs all 8?  I haven't really read anything about using AP Group VLAN's with H-REAP or know if that's even possible, but is this a possibility and if no,t what would you recommend?

Thanks for the help!

4 Replies 4

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

I havent done WLAN override over HREAP before, but i dont think why it wouldnt work. iIf you only want to "support" certain SSIDs WLAN override will allow you to shape that ...

Here is a link for further reading

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:RX3jjIk_EzcJ:www.perihel.at/wlan/wlan-wlc.html+cisco+wlc+hreap+wlan+override&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

weterry
Level 4
Level 4

I've definitely seen/used AP Groups to do just what you're asking.

Configuring AP Groups (5.2 configuration guide): http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5.2/configuration/guide/c52wlan.html#wp1128591

Keep in mind that WLAN Override as part of "AP Groups" is only in 5.2+

Prior to that, WLAN Override is enabled per AP, per Radio.

Great, I will check this out.  Thanks for the help.

I may create another topic - but here it goes...

I've decided to try to use an existing WLAN in the H-REAP config...

-I've joined the AP to the remote controller, assigned it an IP, put it in H-REAP mode.

-I chose a WLAN, enabled local switching

-I went into the AP, configured the native VLAN, however, I CAN NOT change the vlan of the WLAN listed.  It always goes back to default.

I verified the vlan exists on the switch, is routable, etc, the switch port is a member of that vlan, it is set as a trunk w/ 802.1q, etc.

Any ideas on what would cause this?

I am SOO close   Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: