Views
Helpful
Replies

How to install Radio0 interface on Aironet 1121g

Talha Abbasi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've an Aironet 1121g that I would like to deploy at our elementary school.  I'm able to access the web interface, but under Network Interface, it says Radio0-not installed (and that option is disabled, i cannot get into it as well).  Any ideas on how to install the Radio0?

Any help/guidance is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Talha

5 Replies 5

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI Talha,

I hope you need this answer:)

Enabling the Radio Interfaces To enable the radio interface, follow these instructions:

1.          Use your web-browser to access your access point.

2.          When the Summary Status page displays, click Network Interfaces > Radio0-802.11B or Radio0-802.11G and the radio status page appears.

3.          Click Settings and the radio settings page appears.

4.          Click Enable in the Enable Radio field.

5.          Click Apply.

Regards

Hope It helps.

Hi Sandeep,

Unfortunately, that option for Radio0 is grey'd out and not accessible.  It wont let me get into its settings.  I believe I need to install the radio first.

/regards.

Hi,

Did u open web browser in firefox or iinterner explorer ?

Can u reset the module?

did ur radio properly installed?

which ios u have?

Can u post logs?

how is AP powered?

Are you using a power injector ?   If so you have to use the command " power inline negotiation injector "  command

Regards

I've 17 of these APs.  16 of them are installed and up and running.  Just need to know how to install that Radio0.  I'm not at my PC at the moment.  Will post the ios version within an hour.

and with these APs, i cannot use the CLI as this specific model doesn't have a console port.  All config needs to be done thru the web interface.  They are powered on using the power adapter.

Talha,

There's nothing you can do about this.  I believe the 1121G has only one radio and this AP's 802.11b radio has failed.

I am not sure if Cisco can ship out re-built or re-furbished unit as this model is pretty old.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: