cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to keep Network Connections Open after a WinXP logoff VIA 80211

Byron Ridgeway
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I'm currentlly running Both Wired and Wireless GPO via Win2008r2, on my WIRED connections after clt-alt-del logoff my network connection stays open (pingable)

While connected via wireless (WLC 5508 and WCS) Windows AD 2008r2 ;Radius Server 2003.

All Clients authenticate using Network Authen (Wireless Network Connection Properties)  WPA2 Data encryp AES  EAP type PEAP

Authentication Method (EAP-MSCHAP) I have no problems connecting via SSID etc... my Question is how do I keep the TCP connection open after initiating a logoff from Windows. (Closing network connection) OPEN!  

I need to maintain a tcp(pingable) connection open in order to access Manufacturing clients that are connected via WIFI. (WLC).

All wireless clients are issued and auto-enrollment cert via IAS .

Thanx U

8 Replies 8

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Byron,

To make sure I'm reading this correctly.  User logs in to wireless from client.xyz.local.  You are able to ping this device.

Now, user logs off, and you are no longer able to ping client.xyz.local.   But you want them to still be able to ping it.

Is that correct?

If so, does the client device support machine authentication, or just user authentication?  To keep the IP address and be on the network, the device would need to support machine authentication, so that it can log back in, after the user has logged off.

HTH,

Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the question as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Authenticate as Computer when Computer information is Avail. (Wireless properties)

The user has no problems logging back on.. It’s the machines that are I remote into –via VNC but cannot because network connection is closed.

I have to send a Tech out just to log back in the machine will connect

what are you using for the AAA, and are the devices joined to the domain?

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Radius server Win2003 (IAS) yes name@domain.com

in the profile on IAS, do you have the OU that the machines are in in the allowed list?

HTH,
Steve

Yes they are listed under AD Domains and Trusts in the Radius server supporting (IAS)

Do you mind if I send a few attachments im not sure who all is viewing but it contains my Directory structure

Sorry for the delay I did resolve the issue by adding computer authentacation at the AAA(Radius GPO)..

But you were correct, by allowing the machine to authenticate with local cert stored on machine I was able to keep icmp going.

I was putting to much thought  by modifying  my wireless GPO.   Under my OU.

Thx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: