Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to let AP1262 download from WLC and been managed.

Hi Friends,

Some days ago, I download standard IOS image for 1262 and installed, now this 1262 AP can start up without WLC. but I don't know how to recovery this AP image, and let's startup / download the image from WLC and has been managed...

Is that ONLY remove the existence image ? and it's will be auto find WLC ?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Just to clarify, the AP can either be autonomous (managed) or lightwieght (managed by the WLC).  The WLC handles of the configuration , so you don't have to telnet/ssh to the AP.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
5 REPLIES

Re: How to let AP1262 download from WLC and been managed.

If you want that ap to join the wlc, then you need to install the recovery image back on the ap.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2025426

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Just to clarify, the AP can either be autonomous (managed) or lightwieght (managed by the WLC).  The WLC handles of the configuration , so you don't have to telnet/ssh to the AP.

-Scott

Yes, I Knew the AP can start up standard or via WLC managed.  I have setup a standard image for AP1262, so that's no need WLC to manage ,  but righ now, I want to this AP can be managed by WLC, So we need remove this standard image from this AP,

BTY, I have removed this AP standard image, but I forgot to remove the configure files, So after the AP reboot, it's still cannot download image from WLC, and now, I need connect to Console to configure it, 

You shouldnt need to console into the AP. If you hold down the power button and plug the ap in wait 20 seconds it will take ip 10.0.0.1 and then set up a TFTP on 10.0.0.2 with the 1260 recovery image ... It will download the code automagically.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

Okay... here are the steps:

1. Install an external TFTP tool such as tftpd32 tool from http://tftpd32.jounin.net/
2. Assign IP address in the range 10.0.0.2 - .254 ( Ex : 10.0.0.2) to the tftp server (your laptop or pc).
3. Download the IOS to lwapp image onto the tftp's root directory. Use
http://www.cisco.com

The filename that you need to rename will show up when you are consoled into the AP

4. Rename ap3g1-rcvk9w8-tar.124-23c.JA3.tar to ap3g1-rcvk9w8-tar.default
5. Make sure you set the IP address on the BVI interface of the AP if not set. Set it in the 10.0.0.x range. Default is 10.0.0.1.
6. Connect the Ethernet port on AP to your TFTP Server ( Laptop ) DISABLE YOUR FIREWALL
7. Hold the mode button and power off the AP.
8. Power back the AP while continually holding the mode button for 20
seconds.

-Scott
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content