cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to obtain an outdated IOS Image for AP1200

tpelley
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me how I might get my hands on an older IOS image that I have misplaced and is no longer available for download?

Specifically, I'm looking for c1200-k9w7-tar.122-15.JA.tar. I have a bunch of 1200 series AP's running on version 12.2, one of which accidentally got updated to a newer image which disabled the ability to use both MAC authentication and WPA/PSK. As luck would have it, We seem to have misplaced the original image file for this IOS and have been having little success with restoring from another AP running the same IOS.

Suggestions??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Terry,

Have you tried the procedures layed out in this 12.2.15 doc?

Working with Software Images

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080209240.html#wp1035507

You could also contact Cisco Tac, I'm sure they could get you a copy of the image. I do have one still but I'm sure there are legal ramifications to posting it here.

Let me know,

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Terry,

Have you tried the procedures layed out in this 12.2.15 doc?

Working with Software Images

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080209240.html#wp1035507

You could also contact Cisco Tac, I'm sure they could get you a copy of the image. I do have one still but I'm sure there are legal ramifications to posting it here.

Let me know,

Rob

Thanks Rob,

Using the Archive commands does allow me to back up a copy of the IOS to a TFTP server. I also managed to acquire a copy of the original IOS .tar file.

Interesting - the .tar I created using the archive command is considerably smaller that the original, which begs the question What's missing from my backed up copy?

Any thoughts?

Terry.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card