Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Hreap restrictions and limits

Is there any structural limit in the deployment of an hreap solution?

I mean if there is some limitation in the number of hreap ap's/sites on 440x controllers, a minimum requirement for wan bandwidth/delay and so on.

I think it's particularly interesting to know how much control bandwitdth needs to be reserved on the wan link for each remote ap.

Tnx,

Max.

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Hreap restrictions and limits

Hi Max,

There are some excellent design tips in this good doc :)

H-Reap Design and Deployment Guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6087/products_tech_note09186a0080736123.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Many thanks, very nice doc, I should have found it by myself :-(

However it doesn't advice about bandwidth requirements of the lwapp control protocol, maybe it's so tiny that doesn't deserve a mention, anyone knows?

Tnx,

Max.

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Max,

You are most welcome my friend! Here is some related info;

For HREAP's connected to a centralized wireless LAN controller, the WAN link must support a minimum speed of 128-kbps WAN throughput and 100-ms maximum roundtrip latency between each HREAP and the wireless LAN controller.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5679/ps5861/prod_white_paper0900aecd804f1a23_ns337_Networking_Solutions_White_Paper.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

as usual you are aware of docs I even cannot find by myself, I feel like a broken shoe :-)

128k for each hreap is a lot of bandwitdh, in fact it limits the number of hreaps to a very few each remote site.

Anyway, tnx a lot.

Bye,

Max.

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hey Max,

Don't feel alone here my friend :) Finding docs here sometimes is like finding the proverbial "needle in a Haystack"!

Cheers!

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies