cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HREAP with web-auth (internal)

fdouble08
Level 1
Level 1

I have a lwap at a remote site that is configured as HREAP so that it can continuously provide connectivity when the WLC is un-reachable.  I have two vlans on the lwap.  One is locally authenticated and locally switched for intranet connectivity.  The other is for internet connectivity and I wanted that one to be locally switched, but authenticate at the WLC.  When I configure the WLAN as HREAP - locally switched, it doesn't work.  If I configure the WLAN as non-HREAP it works.  Anyone know what the trick is to get this thing to work?  I want my internet wlan at that site to be locally switched but centraly authenticated.  My WLC only seems to have a selection for HREAP - Local switching, it doesn't have anything you would check to specify central authentication.

My WLC (2106)  is version 6.0.182.0 and my lwap is an 1142n.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

THrynyk
Level 1
Level 1

In the first document:

Q. Can I do web authentication with Local switching?

Yes, you can have an SSID with web−authentication enabled and drop the traffic locally after
web−authentication. Web−authentication with Local switching works fine.

1.  WLAN, (wlan you want to local switch), Advanced tab, click the "H-REAP Local Switching" checkbox.

2.  Wireless, (click the h-reap modify), H-REAP tab, click "Vlan Support", Vlan Mappings button, then map the wlan to vlan you want to drop traffic onto.

Also, for wan up/local switched wlans authentication still happens on the controller until the h-reap goes into wan down.  WLANs default to central switching, you have to define the ones which need to be locally switched as described above.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card