cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I want to use the same SSID in two sites (central y remote)

dimas-guevara
Level 1
Level 1

I have several AP in H-REAP mode, one of them is in a remote location anthe other are in the central location. I want to use the same SSID in both locations with differents VLANS.

In the central site, i have 3 WLANS (SSID) whit 3 different VLAN  eachother. I put the local swicthing in one SSID that I want to use in the remote site. In the remote location the users can authenticate and everything works fine but in the central location that SSID doesnt work, the user in the central location can not authenticate.

It seems that i can not use the same WLAN (SSID) and use it en both locations checking the local switching.

What can i do?

Many thanks for your help

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

this should work, and is standard for HREAP deployments.

What authentication are you doing?

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Look I have 2 two VLANs Interfaces (vlan 252 & Vlan253) created on WLC, beside the management VLAN (ID 254), and there are 8 AP´s installed at the central location, each AP has been connected to my CORE Switch through switch ports mode Access vlan 254.

th aeuthentitcation i have been used is "LOCAL: WPA-WPA2-PSK" in both locations (Central and remote). In the remote sites, tha AP is connected to a cisco switch through switch port mode trunk, and I use VLAN 251. When the local switching  feature is activeted on WLC, I can map the VLAN 251 (in te remote site) to the SSID I am using inthe central site and everything works fine but in the central locations the user can associste to he AP but they can not receive IP from the appropiate VLAN.

I don t know what parameter have to change....

Can you helpme?

Look I have 2 two VLANs Interfaces (vlan 252 & Vlan253) created on WLC, beside the management VLAN (ID 254), and there are 8 AP´s installed at the central location, each AP has been connected to my CORE Switch through switch ports mode Access vlan 254.

th aeuthentitcation i have been used is "LOCAL: WPA-WPA2-PSK" in both locations (Central and remote). In the remote sites, tha AP is connected to a cisco switch through switch port mode trunk, and I use VLAN 251. When the local switching feature is activeted on WLC, I can map the VLAN 251 (in te remote site) to the SSID I am using inthe central site and everything works fine but in the central locations the user can associste to he AP but they can not receive IP from the appropiate VLAN.

I don t know what parameter have to change....

Can you helpme?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card