Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

IAS logs?

Hi all,

I am seeing the logs filling up in our IAS server with repeated authentications for our users. It seems that people are re-authenticating about every 5 minutes. I have the WLAN setting set at 86400 seconds and unlimited in the IAS settings. I am also seeing some getting disconnected and then they can reconnect after a minute or so.

Anything I can set so they are not trying to re-authenticate so often?

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: IAS logs?

Are the drivers on the clients pretty recent? Also do you see re-authentication during roaming or when they are not roaming? What encryption and authentication methods are you using and what clients are having this issue?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Can you post some of the logs on the IAS and also, do you see any errors on the WLC?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

We are seeing this mostly on HP laptops, pretty much all we have on Wireless right now.

We are using PEAP, WPA and TKIP and not broadcasting the SSID.

Here is a snippet from the WLC log. Even tho it says it can't find it it still authenticates fine.

Sep 16 09:35:07.650 radius_db.c:1823 AAA-5-RADSERVER_NOT_FOUND: Couldn't find appropriate Radius server for VAP 4. Reason : unable to find a default server.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content