Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

import local net users to Cisco Prime 1.2

Hi,

We have 4400 WLC that has about 400 local users configured under local net users and we are deploying Cisco Prime 1.2 in our company. Does anyone know how to import these users to Cisco prime? I was told that it could only be done manually like re entering all 400 entries to Cisco Prime! if this is the case it 'll be tedious.

Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES

Hello,

Complete the following steps to migrate data from WCS:

1. Place the WCS export ZIP file (for example, wcs.zip) in a repository or folder (for example, repositories).

2. Log in as the admin user and stop the Cisco Prime Infrastructure server by entering the ncs stop  command. Configure the FTP repository on the Cisco Prime Infrastructure  appliance using the repository command as shown in configuration  snippet below:

pi-appliance/admin# configure

pi-appliance/admin(config)# repository pi-ftp-repo

pi-appliance/admin(config-Repository)# url ftp://209.165.200.227/backup

pi-appliance/admin(config-Repository)# user ftp-user password plain ftp-user

Note: Make sure the archived file is available with the show repository command.

3. Enter the ncs migrate command in order to restore the WCS database.

pi-appliance/admin# ncs migrate wcs-data wcs.zip repository pi-ftp-repo

4. By default, no WCS events are migrated. Enter the ncs start  command in order to start the Cisco Prime Infrastructure server after  the upgrade is completed. Log in to the Cisco Prime Infrastructure user  interface with the root login and the root password.

For mmore information you can refer to the cisco prime infrastructure deployment guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps6528/ps12239/deployment_guide_c07-721232.html#wp9000654

Thank you Manti,

This shows how to import user information from WCS, however it is not helpful for me as I do not have WCS and I like I said in my post, it is stored in the controller itself.

Any clue?

Thanks again.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content