Views
Helpful
Replies

Importing Root CA into PDA doesnt seem working

c.ong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I setup ACS 3.3 to be used as the Radius server to authenticate wireless client using PEAP. I enable self-signed Certificate on the ACS as I do not have any CA in my environment. I'm able to import the Root CA into laptop running XPs but not on PDA running Microsoft Mobile 2003 or Mobile 5.

I followed the steps in the following URL but failed to import the Root CA.

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/915840/

Is it the ROOT CA can be used on PDA running Windows Mobile? If yes, what other options can I have in order to rung PEAP on PDA.

Thank you.

Delon

1 Reply 1

andrew.brazier
Level 4
Level 4

The easiest thing is to purchase a certificate. Generate the CSR on the ACS server (if you've already got an installed certificate it's best to use the "view installed cert" option to remove it before generating the CSR) and use that to get a cert from an online CA. We normally use RapidSSL (www.rapidssl.com). You can go through the whole purchase process in about 20 minutes and they are pretty cheap as well, $80 for a 1 year cert I think. Their root cert is built in to Mobile 2003 and Mobile 5 so there's nothing to do to the PDA's. Just make sure to follow all the required steps for installing a cert in the ACS User Guide.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card