cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inclusion Region and Coverage Area with MSE

g.peart
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know the difference between Inclusion regions and Coverage Areas when

using the Map Editor in Prime 1.3/2.0.

When defining the locations that clients should be tracked, would you include an inclusion region

and coverage area within the same space.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kaaftab
Level 4
Level 4

Kindly see the following link for better understanding and configuration (working with Maps)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/mse/3350/7.5/wIPS_Configuration/Guide/MSE_wIPS_7_5_chapter_0111.html

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Coverage area is the actual geographic area of signal coverage where stations ( including clients ) can communicate with each other. In that geographic area you may have places which you dont bother to have signal. And you cant optimise your network so aptly inorder to remove signal coverage from them. Therefore, you remove/ exclude them from area of concern in the map. The area you are left with i.e Coverage Area - Exclusion Area= Inclusion Area.

So by drawing a coverage area on my map I'm telling the system to inform me what is being detected within this area, clients, rogues, interferers etc, and ignore the rest of map ?

So how does it relate to Inclusion /Exclusion areas since you can outline both coverage and inclusion or is it one or the other never both ?

kaaftab
Level 4
Level 4

Kindly see the following link for better understanding and configuration (working with Maps)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/mse/3350/7.5/wIPS_Configuration/Guide/MSE_wIPS_7_5_chapter_0111.html

I get it now thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card