Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Inconsistent signal strength between 3 different client adapters

We just deployed Aironet 350 802.11b radios (we had purchased them a year ago - long stroy why no 1200's :-) for our latest wireless lan project...

As we did a site survey - we were consistently getting a constant disagreement from our 3 cards. The building has a lot of cinder block. 2 of the cards beleived that they were losing as much as 30% signal through a weall - seemd to make sense.

THen I pulled up a third card in and it consistenyl reported 100% signal strength. While quality dropped off - signal strength barely wavered until I actually disassociated at the edge of the signal.

We got suspicious - but the card actually seemed to be better connected than the other two at the farther edges. We got suspicious that it was my laptop - but when we swapped cards - the 100% signal strength behavior alwsy forllowed the third card.

We're trying to round up more cards to try but this baffles us - anyone know if either the first two cards might have some radio power problems - or if the third card is majorly screwed up somehow (perhaps in a good way).

All three cards are PCM-352s.

Last question - is there a version of the AIR-ANT3351 still sold that's good as a "clip-on" antenna for notebooks?

Thanks!

- Ken

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Inconsistent signal strength between 3 different client adap

From what I understand, the problem seems to be with the 3rd card, try if you can replace that.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content