Views
Helpful
Replies

Infocus LiteShow II wireless projector adapter

CFayNTAdmin83
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to know if anyone has worked with the LiteShow II adapter and LWAPP ap's. I have a problem where I set up a WPA-PSK network and the device fails to connect. The client status said that it failed the authentication policy on the WLC. From a laptop everything works fine. I just can't get the device to connect to my LWAPP 1242's. I contacted Infocus about this and they are very slow to respond. I even tried the connection to the wlan with everything set to "open" mode. That didn't work either. Is there some kind of policy that I need to change to allow 3rd party AP's to connect to the wlan as a client? It's almost like a WGB, where the client connects to the Infocus, gets a 10.0.0.x address, and then the infocus bridges the 10.0.0.x network with the wlan's network. Is that not supported with LWAPP ap's? Any insight would be helpful.

2 Replies 2

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

We had a similar issue with projectors from a different manufacturer. Try setting the IP addy of the projector manually and if there is a gateway setting on the projector point that to the IP addy of the AP. Also make sure that you have layer 3 for LWAPP transport. Layer 2 will not work.

Dennis, what a fantastic concept! I should have thought about that. I will try your suggestions and let you know the results.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card