Views
Helpful
Replies

Infocus LiteShow II wireless projector adapter

CFayNTAdmin83
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to know if anyone has worked with the LiteShow II adapter and LWAPP ap's. I have a problem where I set up a WPA-PSK network and the device fails to connect. The client status said that it failed the authentication policy on the WLC. From a laptop everything works fine. I just can't get the device to connect to my LWAPP 1242's. I contacted Infocus about this and they are very slow to respond. I even tried the connection to the wlan with everything set to "open" mode. That didn't work either. Is there some kind of policy that I need to change to allow 3rd party AP's to connect to the wlan as a client? It's almost like a WGB, where the client connects to the Infocus, gets a 10.0.0.x address, and then the infocus bridges the 10.0.0.x network with the wlan's network. Is that not supported with LWAPP ap's? Any insight would be helpful.

2 Replies 2

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

We had a similar issue with projectors from a different manufacturer. Try setting the IP addy of the projector manually and if there is a gateway setting on the projector point that to the IP addy of the AP. Also make sure that you have layer 3 for LWAPP transport. Layer 2 will not work.

Dennis, what a fantastic concept! I should have thought about that. I will try your suggestions and let you know the results.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card