cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing 2465P-R Pancake Antennas in Gymnasium

nagel
Level 1
Level 1

I want to know if any has any experience with the 2465P-R pancake antennas in a large open gymansium building. I am looking at deploying 2 LWAPPs (one in each end of the 200 foot building) with the pancakes at each end of the building facing each other. These would be approxiamtely 25 feet high. My questions are - 1.) since they are being placed so high, will the RF coverage extend down to floor and 2.) I do have about 20 feet of space that will end up "behind" these pancakes - will the antenna also be able to cover those ares in this configuration? Anyone having experience with these antennas in this configuration - please chime in.

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You really should test this out first... if you look at the spec, the e-plan is 65deg and the h-plan is 75deg. There is always coverage on the opposite side of the antenna due to the back lobe. The issues is if you will have coverage on each side of the antenna. As you can see from the spec, the h-plane is 75deg. So if the antenna on the opposite end can reach and cover that area, you should be okay, but not really knowing how big and how the rf plays in your gym, actually trying to survey it would be your best bet. Have you looked at omni antennas, since your building end to end is 200ft? That should work pretty good for you.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I agree with the omni antenna recommendation. You could use the AIR-ANT4941 for 2.4Ghz and the AIR-ANT5135D-R for 5.8Ghz. I'd just recommend to point them all down towards the floor if possible. I think the 1242's look like a table or a spider with the antennas like that.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card