Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

INTEGRATING MULTIPLE WLCs 2100

intend to add a second controller and I was wondering how I could handle for instance,the MAC address filtering database. Will I have to add every MAC address to both WLCs or is there an alternative way
Note: I will be configuring mobility group so as to allow roaming

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You could always backup the config of the one WLC and then restore it in the other, but don't have it connected to the network. Then you can go change the IP address and hostnames and setup the mobility between the two. Then connect it to the network after you made the changes. This way you can actually mover everything over and not just the MAC address.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you need to set up a mobility between the two WLC's and then the changes made in one WLC can be reflected to another. Which will help you to add the MAC address dynamically.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You could always backup the config of the one WLC and then restore it in the other, but don't have it connected to the network. Then you can go change the IP address and hostnames and setup the mobility between the two. Then connect it to the network after you made the changes. This way you can actually mover everything over and not just the MAC address.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks a lot for the insight,but I have another question.
Will subsequent change on one WLC replicate to the other ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you need to set up a mobility between the two WLC's and then the changes made in one WLC can be reflected to another. Which will help you to add the MAC address dynamically.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card