Views
Helpful
Replies

Intel(R)Pro/Wireless 2200BG Problem with Cisco Wireless AP 1200

ney25
Level 2
Level 2

Hi NetPro,

does anyone who has encountered the problem associate with Cisco AP ? the laptop model is IBM T42, T42, T60 (Intel(R)Pro/Wireless 2200BG driver version 9.0.4.14). any idea and advice ?

thank you in advance.

regards,

Jack

5 Replies 5

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

Update your Intel drivers (11.{something} is current).

The old Intel drivers (especially with old Cisco AP code) are really bad. Update when you can, try it out.

Good Luck

Scott

I actually have a laptop that sits in a desk drawer because I couldn't get it to work using PEAP. I have another one with a broadcom card works just fine.

as stated by ScottMac, get your drivers updated... Have several 2200bg in my PEAP environment, chugging along fine. You sure you have the 2200bg in your T60? not the intel 3945ABG?

andrew.brazier
Level 4
Level 4

You might also try this hotfix from MS:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885453

It's an "upon request" fix but it should be a free call. We had similar problems with the IBM's you mentioned which were resolved by updating the drivers then applying the hotfix.

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The Intel 2200's are a known problem. as stated by the other poster update the firmware... older verison of the 2200 wont allow your client to step down to lower data rates.... google it ...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card