Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Internal DHCP on Wireless Controller 2000

I have assigned a guest WLAN to port 4 on my controller that terminates on a network physically separate from my internal lan. Since getting an ip address from my lan DHCP server won't work, I decided to use the internal DHCP feature of this controller. I have been unable to get my wireless client to obtain an ip address from the controller. The access point this client is associated with is terminated on the same network as controller management vlan. How do I get an ip address out to the guest clients that terminate on the physically separate network?

3 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Re: Internal DHCP on Wireless Controller 2000

Hi

I've seen some setups where the internal DHCP seems... quirky...

What I'd suggest is that you put a DHCP Server Override on the WLAN settings page for the SSID in question, and point this to the IP address assigned to the port it is associated with (which should be associated with physical port 4).

See how that goes.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts.

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

This is exactly what I ended up doing prior to reading your post and it worked for me. So your answer is a 5 - extremely helpful. Thanks for the response!

Using the Internal DHCP Server for WLAN - Clients.

Your post:

" Put a DHCP Server Override on the WLAN settings page for the SSID in question, and point this to the IP address assigned to the port (....wich in my case is the vlan interface wich i will use for this ssid.....) it is associated".

"

was just right!

rating = 5 !

This also works with 4402 controller (and prabably any other)

Greetings

Jarle

Views
Helpful
Replies