Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IOS - Aironet 1230 VERY SLOW browser interface

Hello all Cisco users!

I am experiencing an extremely slow web-browser interface. I click on any menu option such as EXPRESS-SETUP, NETWORK MAP, ASSOCIATION, etc. and the IOS takes more than 30 secs to send the page to my browser.

In a normal situation I have seen 2 secs the longest.

It seems that the slow down problem has something to do with my corporate network because after isolating the AP from the corp network just the AP to a hub with my laptop then the browser works normaly again.

I am using the most recent version of IOS 12.2(11)JA and the problem was present in the 12.2(8)JA as well.

I see that the number of collisions is more than 10,000, is this normal in a network with 1 computer, 1 hub and 1 Cisco 1230?

Thank you for your help!

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: IOS - Aironet 1230 VERY SLOW browser interface

There will be collisions in a wireless network due to interference in the air. If you are hard wired into the access point, there should not be any collisions unless there is a speed mismatch with the hub and the access point. Try changing out the hub or if the hub has the option to change speed and duplex, change it.

Re: IOS - Aironet 1230 VERY SLOW browser interface

If you are using 12.2(8)JA or 12.2(11)JA and are authenticating administrative access using TACACS to an ACS server, you will see this phenomena. Tens, sometime hundreds of requests are passed to the TACACS server, thus causing the slow response in the web interface.

BUG ID CSCeb52431, currently open. This may not be your problem, but I wanted to make you aware of this issue.

Views
Helpful
Replies