Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS on AP1142N

Hi.

I have a question about downloading a new IOS to all my AP1142N who are connected to WISM2.

I am running version 7.5.102.0 on my WISM2, and the standard AP IOS is 15.2(4)JA1$ . Know a want to upgrade to c1140-k9w7-tar.152-4.JB3a.tar on all my AP1142N.

Is it possible just to upload c1140-k9w7-tar.152-4.JB3a.tar to WISM2 and then reload every AP ?

Best regards

Johan Lind strand

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can't upload images to the WiSM. If you want to change an image on the AP, you need to manually upload it to each AP.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The code the access point will use is from the WiSM. You don't have to upload any image to the AP's at all especially if they are already joined to the WiSM.

-Scott

Yes i know that.

But the IOS on WISM is 15.2(4)JA1$ . And i want to upgrade my AP to the new IOS version of c1140-k9w7-tar.152-4.JB3a.tar.  And that version is not installed on WISM.

Who can i uplaod c1140-k9w7-tar.152-4.JB3a.tar to the WISM ?

You can't upload images to the WiSM. If you want to change an image on the AP, you need to manually upload it to each AP.

-Scott

OK

Then a got some work to do.

Thanks fore the quick respond

This is the software you need to look at... the lightweight

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282439881&flowid=6789&softwareid=280775090&release=15.2.4-JB3&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=ED&reltype=latest

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

c1140-k9w7-tar.152-4.JB3a.tar

That image you posted is an autonomous image.  Once you upload this, your ap's will not joint the WiSM and you aill have to configure these AP's seperate.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card