Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone 7920 Problem With 1252 AP

Walidhi10
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

I knew that 7920 is not supported by cisco to work with 1252 AP. (7920 can't authenticate with the access point although that 7921 is working fine)

I red in other conversations that the problem in TKIP encryption , but it doesn't work with WEP encryption or no encryption.

So any one can help me about this topic?!!

6 Replies 6

Walidhi10
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

i didn't get any reply

I heared that there are some cases that IP phone worked with 1250 AP but don't know how.

Also there are problems with laptops of 802.11b cards (Laptops can't authenticate with 1250 APs)

Waiting your replys

although we faced the same problem with a big client; the TAC engineer has just told us that WEP should work ; we tested it ; and it didn't ;

I hope it works fine after upgrading the phone firmware;(I am using wism 6.0.182.0)

does any one got any other ideas

Amr Ezzat (Egypt)

It's not your exact situation, but I know of a company running 6.0 WLC code with 1140 APs using their 7920's with WEP.

Make sure you enable the "Platinum" level of service in the WLAN definition.

this is different, we are talking about the 1250 AP in specific.

palthainon
Level 1
Level 1

Its possible that Cisco simply doesn't allow the interaction of these two at a software level. While it should be permitted they often act like Apple and prevent consumers from interacting two devices that are compatible only on certain levels. Saves them tech support time.

as per my nice colleague Amr Momtaz the relase of the 1250 said that it won't support the 7920 phones ; I think this is a sales goal ; not related to technical issues;

Amr Ezzat (Egypt)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card