cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iPad(2) slow WiFi wakeup in combination with WLC 5508 & LAP1142N..

Florian Kelsch
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community..

I'm facing a troublesome problem with one of our deployments.

We find that some of the utilized iPads (iPad2, iOS 5) have a significant delay to connect to the WiFi after waking up.. though some of them show the WiFi-icon instantly after wake-up.. That is causing the crestron App on it to "malfunction", which is to say that it can't connect to it's server and goes back to home screen to allow re-connect..

WLC and LAPs using the latest software (7.2.103.0).. encryption is WPA2/PSK..

I've searched all over the internet for clues.. found many things that seemed to have worked for others, but not for me/us..

I found this posting on CSC: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2109205 but the changes (I had an ACL to deny internet access) had no effect..

I changed the WLAN to use 802.11g only.. changed Beacon-Time.. changed encyption.. changed WMM settings..

Alas, the iPads that expose this behaviour do not show any difference with the changes..

Did anyone else experience the problem had found a solution? I would be very grateful if you could share & advice..

Cheers,

Thomas

3 Replies 3

Florian Kelsch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi..

well.. kinda solved..

We.. I.. applied a workaround for that.. wrote a cheeky app that requests WiFi to be on all the time.. works so far.. too bad that neither Apple nor Crestron are bothering to do anything..

Cheers,

Thomas

Hi Thomas;

I am also facing the same issue; Can you guide me how you resolve this issue?

Thanks.

jholmes20
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is a bit late, but did you ever figure out a work-around or fix?  I am experiencing the exact same problem with a WLC 5508 and at least right now ipad2 or 3's I don't completely remember. 

Our office has a Ruckus wireless controller which doesn't experience the same issues regardless of the iPad being powered up or not.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: