Has anyone had this situation with IPADs. Ours keep bouncing between ssids. They also won't pick up both ssid eventhough they are being broadcasted. At least that is what we changed the setting to do. It use to not broadcast untill issues with these IPADs and MacBook Pro. These are Cisco 1231G Access Points. They do fine at most campuses but two of them they don't. I created a new vlan to try and match what Apple wants them to be. Here is the configuration:
With this configuration I restarted the APs and the devices now keep the key instead of just dropping it and stay on the network when finally connected. The devices should be seeing the ssid but none of the names come up when you do a search for any ssid. They only connect when you manually put it in. Can someone give me some advice as to which way to go from here.
Sorry about getting back to you so late. Been running around all over the district putting out other fires.
We did open up a TAC case about this. But it is such a strange issue that the few things they could do solved it for a short time but as of yesterday they were back to having these problems. Been trying so many different ideas, even from Apple. But they're not much help.
These APs have been around for few years now and have lost their contracts.
I think some of these are just failing. Other campuses the PC laptops and small companion laptops for little kids are just being dropped from their connection and unable to re-connect. I get errors of wireless key being bad, or no longer valid, or just saying that the device disassociated itself when I know it didn't. These are things just all of a sudden popping up.
When I can get back to that campus tomorrow I will check to see if correcting the mbssid helped.