Views
Helpful
Replies

IPICS

satyamothukuri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are working on an IPICS project. Customer is having enterprise network, he needs to integrate call manager with IPICS and also his Push to talk with the network. I am having few queries.

1) Customer is having Motorola GM 3688 base station for there Push to talk. My question is how do I connect this base station to my network?

2) What kind of cable is connected to that base station?

3) If it is connected to my router, Customer is having 15 base stations .Do I need 15 routers?

4) Customer is having 15 channels, how can I connect to these 15 channels?

5) Can a PSTN user dial Push to talk user?

6) Can a Push to talk user communicate with PSTN user?

7) Can you brief me the connectivity (even cable) form end user to core?

Regards,

Satya.M

1 Reply 1

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

Cisco IPICS PMC users have communication access not only to PTT radio channels, but also to broadcast channels, direct two-way channels to other online Cisco IPICS PMC users (point-to-point PTT connections), direct dial channels for dial-out to preconfigured public switched telephone network (PSTN) or IP phone numbers, or VTGs that are comprised of multiple channels and communication device types such as mobile phones and IP phones.

Cisco IPICS PMC users can participate and monitor multiple communication channels simultaneously, thereby replacing or reducing the number of desktop endpoints or handheld radios needed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card