Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Is Anyone Using The WISM Module For Wireless?

Good Afternoon All,

I have several orders for new core switches and these are 'On Hold" due to WISM availability issues. Was wondering if anyone has one, and if there are any problems you are having with it.

Thanks,

Dave Holder

2 REPLIES

Re: Is Anyone Using The WISM Module For Wireless?

Dave,

I ordered a four WiSM blades and a pair of Catalyst 6509's with Sup 720's (as new core switches) a couple of weeks ago.

Everything has arrived with the exception of the WiSM blades.

'My' Cisco rep has yet to reply to my email asking into the status of the WiSM blades.

Good luck with your order,

Richard

Re: Is Anyone Using The WISM Module For Wireless?

Hi guys,

I have two WiSMs installed in redundant 6513 cores and functioning quite well. It was explained to me that there was a component issue with production. I placed my order at the beginging of the year, around Feb I think. Make certain you have a minimum of 122-18.SXF2 running on the Sups when you install them, I think 4 is out now. Also if you convert existing IOS APs produced before 07/18/2005 to LWAPP make certain you follow the instructions in the attached link, otherwise there will be no load balancing between controllers. Its titled Self-Signed Certificate Manual Addition to the Controller for LWAPP-Converted APs

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/ps6521/products_configuration_example09186a00806a426c.shtml

Views
Helpful
Replies