Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to run ipx with the 4402's and 1131 ap's

kmcsweeg
Level 1
Level 1

My current environment is 2 4402 controllers with 20 1131's Lwap

wlans work fine using WPA2/AES/802.1x/EAP-Fast using Cisco ACS v4. to external db Microsoft AD for creditionals.

My question, is it possible to get Ipx working, we have a large group that requires access to novell, unfortunately,

i've heard it is possible to enable ipx.

Any ideas..

thanks

Kevin

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kevin,

I came across this WLC note;

Q. Does the Cisco 4400 Series WLC support Internetwork Packet Exchange (IPX) protocol? Does any Airespace product support IPX protocol?

A. No, IPX protocol is not supported on any platforms of the Cisco WLC.

From this good Q&A doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_qanda_item09186a008064a991.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Actually it is possible, i changed the ap mode from local to Hreap, then on my wlan config i checked Hreap local switching, now the client data stays local on the ipx enabled vlan while the control functions are still tunneled back to the controllers.

that was exactly what i needed to provide novell access to some users, i maintained

additional wlans that tunnel both control and client data back to the controllers, also the guest wlan "Lobby Ambassador" feature works well.

Regards

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Nice workaround! Thanks for posting back with your solution. 5 points for this one!

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card