Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Issue getting Motorola 9060G scanner to work with 2602e WPA-TKIP

I am trying to get a Symbol MC9060G with a new 2602e AP that is a stand-alone.  I have configured the AP for WPA-TKIP with a PSK and it works fine on a laptop. The laptop can use this same profile on the old AP as well as this Cisco 2602e.  The scanner sees the AP but is will not connect to it.

2 REPLIES
VIP Purple

May be MC9060G does not

May be MC9060G does not support TKIP ? Did that work with your old AP using the same security ?

Try first without security & see it associate  & then try to configure security. 

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

I set the AP back to factory

I set the AP back to factory defaults and the scanner connected just fine. So I added just the configuration lines in the CLI to add WPA to that SSID and that worked also. I will have to be careful in the GUI because the data rate are what I think caused the problem. For the b/g scanners the default is only requiring the 1,2,5.5 and 11 and enabled the rest. I am sure when I was looking around the GUI I changed that setting to best Throughput. All of the other best practiced did not seem to be needed out of the box.

Views
Helpful
Replies