cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Kindle Touch and WLC

jamesdanielkirk
Level 1
Level 1

We are a public library and offer an open wireless cloud to our patrons. We are currently having trouble with people connecting to our wireless with the Kindle Touch version 4. Users of the Kindle Fire and older models have no problems with connecting, just this one specific model. We are using Cisco Aironet 1230 Access Points connecting back via LWAPP to a WLC 4402 running code version 7.0.220.0. The clients are receiving their DHCP options from a Windows 2003 server.  Besides the standard options we are also pushing the WPAD 252 option.

Any help that anyone can give will be greatly appreciated

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is it open authentication or something else. It almost seems to be just related to that device though than anything wireless related. You might be able to run some debugs on the client.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

It is an open authenication WLAN and yes, it is only that device. All other devices seem to connect fine including the Kindle Fire.

When you say to run a debug on the client I'm not sure that is possible on the Kindle. Is there a debug I can run on the CLI of the controller that would give some info?

You can run a debug client <00:00:00:00:00:00> on the wlc CLI.

I think it is an issue with the device itself. See if there is an updated firmware for the kindle.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

is Aeronet IE disabled?

what kind of prpblem?   please elaborate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: