Views
Helpful
Replies

LAP-1131 mounting

gururajan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please suggest any recommendations to be followed in mounting the AP (like wall and ceiling).

Specifically I would like to know any best practices about the minimum height for mounting the AP.

Regards,

Guru

3 Replies 3

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

The primary thing to know about mounting the APs is that they should be mounted flush with the ceiling with the LED looking down at the floor. They are not meant to be hung on a wall, though plenty of organizations will do this and experience adequate coverage.

As for minimum height, I wouldn't hang these more than 15-20 feet in the air. But regardless of the ceiling height you want to use, just hang one temporarily and do a site survey to see what kind of coverage you get. The signal propagation is always dependent on the environment and site-specific structure.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 1130 are designed specifically for office environment: large number of cubicles, compactors, corners, offices, etc.

It is recommended to mount the AP from the ceiling with the "Cisco" logo or the "mood ring" facing the clients.

Are you designing the AP for office environment use or factory, theatre or outdoor use?

Thanks for the response.

I am designing for office environment only but it is a reception block & ceiling height is more than 20ft.

I just need to know how the radiation pattern will be, if i fix it in the wall vertically or fixing in the reception table in 2.5 ft height from the floor (AP facing upwards or sidewards)

Regards,

Guru

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card