Views
Helpful
Replies

LAP-1142 CDP_PD-2-POWER_LOW All RADIOS DISABLED

chuckholley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a LAP-1142 connected to a 3750G-24PS. The switch says that it granted power @ 15.4w. However, when the AP boots it gives me this message and never finds a controller.

I have upgraded the code on the switch to 122-50.SE2, and the AP is right out of the box. I am lost at to what to do next.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chuck

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chuck,

Paul's absolutely correct. What is the firmware of the WLC? LAP1140 requires firmware 5.2.178.0.

If it is running this version, and the LAP can ping the WiSM/WLC Management IP Address, then console into the LAP and in enable mode, use the command config ap controller ip address ".

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

kikutap808
Level 1
Level 1

I had this issue when I first started setting everything up. First, what model Controller do you have and what software version are you running? My 4402 was running software version 4.xxxxx out of the box but Cisco TAC told me that the 1142N AP needs software version 5.2.178.0 or higher to register correctly since it uses CAPWAP. Second issue, is your Controller and AP on the same subnet? If not, try putting it on the same subnet after updating the software version to make sure it registers correctly. If you plan on putting the AP on a different subnet you will need to configure Option 43 in DHCP.

thanks, but this guy does not even get to the WISM....he gets an IP address, and then directly after, the CDP_LOW_POWER message appears.

Any other thoughts...

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chuck,

Paul's absolutely correct. What is the firmware of the WLC? LAP1140 requires firmware 5.2.178.0.

If it is running this version, and the LAP can ping the WiSM/WLC Management IP Address, then console into the LAP and in enable mode, use the command config ap controller ip address ".

Hope this helps.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chuck,

I'm happy to hear the solution works. Thanks for the ratings.

How about the power issues? Are you still seeing the problem?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card