cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LAP1131AG not connecting

sjredwood
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3 LAP1131AG antennas to connect to a WLC2106 Controller. Two are working and one is not. The ring colors are different shades of green. Is there a chart somewhere to tell me what all the colors mean?

I connected to hyperterminal with the antenna and it kept cycling through a reboot. I was never able to log in. I'm attaching two log files. 1 is when not connected to the controller and 1 is when connected.

Thanks for your help.

Lance

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I love the LAP1130's mood ring!

Green means the LAP has associated to the WLC but no one has associated/authenticated to it.

Blue/Purple means that someone has associated/authenticated to it.

Red/Orange means it's doing bootup process or POST.

All colors flashing in half a second ... it's booting up and looking for a WLC>

Now ... the AP that has is not joining is CRASHING. Big time!

I recommend you convert it to Autonomous first and then load the "RCV" image.

Hope this helps.

Is this the process to do this?

Using a Wireless LAN Controller to Return to a Previous Release

Follow these steps to revert from LWAPP mode to autonomous mode using a wireless LAN controller:

Step 1 Log into the CLI on the controller to which the access point is associated.

Step 2 Enter this command:

config ap tftp-downgrade tftp-server-ip-address filename access-point-name

It's taken from the following page.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/conversion/lwapp/upgrade/guide/lwapnote.html#wp161272

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can't use this proceedure because your AP can't/won't join the WLC.

Step 1 The static IP address of the PC on which your TFTP server software runs should be between 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.30.

Step 2 Make sure that the PC contains the access point image file (such as c1130-k9w7-tar.122-15.JA.tar for a 1200 series access point) in the TFTP server folder and that the TFTP server is activated.

Step 3 Set the timeout value on the TFTP server to 30 seconds.

Step 4 On the PC where the TFTP server is located, perform these steps:

a. Disable any software firewall products, such as Windows firewall, ZoneAlarm firewall, McAffee firewall, or others.

b. Ensure all Windows files are visible. From Windows Explorer, click Tools > Folder Options > View > Show hidden files and folders.

Step 5 Rename the access point image file in the TFTP server folder to c1130-k9w7-tar.default for an 1130 series access point.

Step 6 Connect the PC to the access point using a Category 5 (CAT5) Ethernet cable.

Step 7 Disconnect power from the access point.

Step 8 Press and hold MODE while you reconnect power to the access point.

Step 9 Hold the MODE button until the status LED turns red (approximately 20 to 30 seconds) and then release.

Step 10 Wait until the access point reboots, as indicated by all LEDs turning green followed by the Status LED blinking green.

Step 11 After the access point reboots, reconfigure it using the GUI or the CLI.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card