cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Last reboot reason: Operator changed 11g mode

remysyaku
Level 1
Level 1

We have some AP keep on disassociating. All together we have 21 APs in the building but only this 7 APs keep on disassociating in every hours.

Below is the log i grab from our 5508 controller.

Last reset reason: operator changed 11g mode

Our controller code is 7.0.116.

21 Replies 21

EvaldasOu
Level 4
Level 4

Hi guys,

Today I saw the same error. All the clients were disconnected, and APs reseted their interfaces. We are running 2 x WLC 2504 ( Version: 7.2.103.0 ) and about 20 AP's 1041 configured in local mode. WLC's are working in active/active scenario, both of these has the same configs. They are using just different IP addressing scheme.

Also AP's are in different locations (different cities 100 - 300 kilometers from the WLC's datacenter).

This happened mostly at the same time on both WLC's. Do you guys have any thoughts?

EvaldasOu
Level 4
Level 4

Hi guys,

Looks like I have an answer. Someone did a reload command on CORE router and APs lost their connection with the WLCs in the datacenter.

So when you see this output in your logs: "Last reboot reason: Operator changed 11g mode", it could mean that someone disabled 802.11g , but I think it could also mean that there is some bottleneck on your network.

Last reboot reason: Operator changed 11g mode

Hi guys,

Today I had a similar issue:

Wirelesss Lan Controller     AIR-WLC2106-K9               software version:  7.0.116.0          Internal Temperature +48C

Access Point                     AIR-LAP1141N-A-K9             

Access Point                     AIR-LAP1252G-A-K9           Both Access Points are working in H-REAP mode

Access Point was associating and disassociating minute to minute.

I have two SSIDs and All clients (802.1x and WPA2) are disassociating immediately when the ap is disassociated

WLC LOG:

3          Thu Nov 28 17:54:11 2013          AP 'AP-8o-Aquario', MAC: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx disassociated previously due to AP Crash. Uptime: 0 days, 23 h 55 m 34 s . Last reset reason: operator changed 11g mode.

Access Point LOG:

*Nov 28 17:13:33.326: %CAPWAP-3-ERRORLOG: Retransmission count exceeded max, ignoring as the ethernet is overloaded

*Nov 28 17:13:36.372: %CAPWAP-3-ERRORLOG: Retransmission count exceeded max, ignoring as the ethernet is overloaded

Nov 28 17:14:03.775: %LWAPP-3-CLIENTEVENTLOG: Switching to Standalone mode

*Nov 28 17:14:07.042: %DTLS-5-SEND_ALERT: Send FATAL : Close notify Alert to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5246

*Nov 28 17:14:09.509: %WIDS-5-DISABLED: IDS Signature is removed and disabled.

*Nov 28 17:14:09.610: %CAPWAP-5-CHANGED: CAPWAP changed state to DISCOVERY

Actions:

1. Reload the wireless lan controller

Result:                       

Internal Temperature +48C

The issue wasn´t solved. The Access Points was disassociated again

Workaround:

2. Reload the access points

Result: The issue stoped. Now, all Access point are associated and the ssid´s are working fine

Do you guys have any idea about this issue? Could it to be a bug?

What is the uptime of your AP?

Hi Leo,

When the problem occured the Access Points just was disassociating. They don´t perform a reboot. During the issue, I had some Access Points with 32 days of uptime.

I have two APs 1141 and just one AP 1252. The three APs had the same behavior.

In my workaround, I did a manually reboot to all aps. Today all is working fine. The AP´s have around 24 hours of uptime

Hi Guys,

After an electrical power maintenance, the issue starts again.

Do you guys have any idea about it ?

I suggest to open the case on Cisco TAC

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card