cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Latest FlexConnect

nshoe18
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer that is seriously considering replacing their current infrastructure at all their remote locations with a FlexConnect solution. Their concern is if with the new FlexConnect, do the APs still have to pass all the data to the controller or is that now done on the remote locations edge, i.e. APs.

All the systems I have worked with previously the control traffic, etc. passed to the controller over the WAN nothing was done at the AP unless the WAN link went down. Just trying to double-check.

Thank you in advance.

2 Replies 2

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Yes there are diff mode:

H-Reap Design and Deployment Guide

central authentication, central switching

central authentication, local switching

local authentication, local switching

check more here..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10315/products_tech_note09186a0080736123.shtml

How tod Deploy:

Check this

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00807cc3b8.shtml

I persoanlly recommand to have centrel authentication local swicthing.....

In this state, for the given WLAN, the WLC handles all client       authentication, and the H-REAP LAP switches data packets locally. After the       client authenticates successfully, the controller sends capwap control commands       to the H-REAP and instructs the LAP to switch that given client’s data packets       locally. This message is sent per client upon successful authentication. This       state is applicable only in connected mode.

Reagrds

Dont forget to arte helpful posts

grabonlee
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Are there any local servers at the branches or do the branches have a separate pipe from the MPLS VPN, if not, there is no significant advantage of flexconnect.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card