Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LEAP and Windows 2000 Advanced Server

I have problem with LEAP authentication between my Cisco wireless group devices and Win 2k Adv Server. On my Win 2k Adv Server in EAP methods there is only one authentication methods MD5-Challenge. Maybe someone knows how to install another authentication types (like LEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-SIM, PEAP)? What does it mean “Windows 2000 Wireless 802.1X hot fix”? This is in the documentation about Cisco Configuration Guide for Windows (LAN Client Adapters and AP).

Best Regards.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: LEAP and Windows 2000 Advanced Server

Do you mean that you are trying to use the WIN 2k server as the authentication server ?? If so that is NOT supported for LEAP you need to use ACS or Steel belted Radius by Funk or interlinks radius server the minimum versions can be found in the release notes for the AP

If you are trying to have the win 2k server authenticate as a client then it must have a Cisco client card installed and you need to use ACU, when you install ACU there is an option to install LEAP.

The hot fixes can be found on the Microsoft website but I am pretty sure they have been intergrated into the latest service pack

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content