cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Light Weight to Autonomus

wasiimcisco
Level 1
Level 1

I have access-point LAP-1242 and i want to upgrade it to autonomous. I am using the standard procedure by pressing the mode button and using the following software image c1250-k9w7-tar.124-10b.JA3 and renaming it to c1240-k9w7-tar.default

everything is fine but after the reboot it is stuck i dont know why i m getting following error and after that it is stuck it is not moving forward.

oading "flash:/c1250-k9w7-mx.124-10b.JA3/c1250-k9w7-mx.124-10b.JA3"...#########

################################################################################

################################################################################

#####################################

File "flash:/c1250-k9w7-mx.124-10b.JA3/c1250-k9w7-mx.124-10b.JA3" uncompressed a

nd installed, entry point: 0x3000

executing...

please let me know which image to use for this particular model. earlier i did the saem procedure for 1252 and it was fine now this model is different and i m having problem in upgrading

please help me out.

5 Replies 5

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

Unfortunately, it looks like you installed 1250 IOS software on a 1242 AP. The IOS won't boot because of the mismatch.

Try downloading 1240 software and running through the process again.

which image to download there is no image on cisco website for the process of lightweight to autonomous. There are images on cisco site that are for autonomous to lightweight but not vice versa for 1242AG.

Please let me know about this where to download it

There is no special conversion software. You can use any autonomous IOS image, as long as it's for the 1240. You can download these images from http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-center/index.shtml, as long as you have SmartNet on the device.

Let me know how it goes.

Jeff

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the AP still join the controller, then follow the procedure below. If the AP can't join the controller, follow Jeff's recommendation.

LWAPP to Autonomous

Requirements:

• Image file (such as c1240-k9w7-tar.122-15.JA.tar);

• AP is connected to the Wireless LAN Controller; and

• AP can ping the TFTP server where the image is located.

Procedures:

1. Find out what AP needs to be converted from LWAPP to Autonomous mode by entering the following command:

sh ap summary

2. Enter the following CLI command on the Wireless LAN Controller:

config ap tftp-downgrade

3. The AP will download the software and after a reboot, the AP will be on Autonomous mode.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card