Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Lightweight Controller Design (1030 AP)

1. I am trying to locate information on best design practice for controller deployment. Does a CCO guide exist to assist me with this.

2. I am planning to have the controllers located in the core, with possibly the 1030 APs located at remote locations to contain most of the wireless traffic at remote location. The 1030 allows remote wireless networks to continue to operate in the event of connectivity issues with the controller, but with reduces functionality. At the main site the plan is to use the 1010 APs. Can anyone see any issues with this approach.

3. Is anyone aware of any CCO documentation that covers the bandwidth requirements to from the controller to the AP when deploying a 1030 at a remote location.

4. It is also possible to convert 1200 and 1100 APs to work with the controllers, however the converted APs will not work with the following controllers 40xx, 41xx, or 3500. Does anyone know if this is likely to change in the future.

Cheers,

Rafiq.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Lightweight Controller Design (1030 AP)

Yes, you are correct. The 1100 and 1200 APs when converted to support the WLAN controllers, but there is a limitation on the devices that are supported by these APs when they are converted. And I dont think there will be any change in the future with regard to this.

Views
Helpful
Replies