Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Line of site wireless devices

I'm looking for a device to (securely) connect two buildings together that are across the street from one another. The distance is 500 feet at most, and there is a direct line of site. It would cost too much to tunnel under the street, so I'm looking for an alternative. This is also a disaster recovery connection, in the event the fiber was cut. I'd like to go Gig over it, but basic backup connectivity is the requirement.

Does Cisco have a product or partner with anyone?

Jack

3 REPLIES
Green

Re: Line of site wireless devices

For Gig+ speeds, check out something like the Canon CannoBeam or a similar product called Terrabeam.

I believe either can do Gig (or at least OC3) over optical. I think Terrawave/TerraBeam has some millimeter-wave RF systems as well....I'm not sure of the capacity.

Sorry I don't have details.

Good Luck

Scott

I found the Terrabeam on the internet and requested more info, but I can's seem to find the Cannobeam company anywhere. Does anyone have contact info they can share on Cannobeam?

Thanks, Jack

Green

CanoBeam (spelling may be incorrect) is a product of Canon (like the camera company).

Try this link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/html/industrial_canobeam/canobeam/index.html

Good Luck

Scott

Views
Helpful
Replies