Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

linking two offices, 8 client limit...

Hello,

We have an office aprox. 3 miles away connected via an AP 340 and WGB 340, with a wired lan on the WGB 340 end (no wireless clients connected). Recently we added several PC's to the remote office, and discovered the 8 client limit.

Is there anything I can do to allow us to have more than 8 PC's connected on the remote end? Again, they are connected to a wired lan, then via a hub to the WGB 340.

TIA,

Jeff

• Other Wireless - Mobility Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: linking two offices, 8 client limit...

One solution is to upgrade from a WGB to a regular bridge.

Another idea is to go with a router at the remote end and have only the router's MAC crossing the link.

You can use a Linksys or other home sytle Broadband device to hide the users IP and MAc addresses. You will need to turn off all security on it, and the printers will probably have to be on the outside of the SOHO router. but this would give you a large numbers of users supported at a low cost.

Of course the right answer is to buy the right bridge.

Thanks for the answers, I went with a Linksys home router/switch/DHCP server. Not the ideal soultion (not such a bad deal for only 12 users on the far end), but I am glad it works. Hopefully Mgt. will look at a Cisco Bridge, so I am not using the Linksys home stuff.

Again, thanks for the answers, regards,

Jeff

Views
Helpful
Replies