Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Linksys AE6000 Unstable Connection

Hi All,

I appreciate any help that can be provided, I've exhausted all options i can think of.

THE ISSUE

After recently upgrading my broadband to Virgin Media Fibre, I received a Super Hub 2 and Purchased 2 Linksys AE6000 Wifi adapters For My 2 Desktop PCs. While 1 Works fine, My Main PC Is Experiencing Very Unstable Internet Connectivity.

When Connecting To 5G/2G, Sharing Centre shows Connection To Hub ok But a fault from hub to internet.

Using The CD (Drivers are the same version as on their website), it finds and install the adpter ok, says "Connected but unable to verify connection to the internet."

can sometimes access pingtest.net which either hangs turing test, displays errors or reports a grade "F" line

On the other computer, its grade A results.

Try to download something beyond 1 MB and it fails (Tried with adobe flash player and java)

After 1-2 Minutes Of being Connected, Sharing Centre reports No Problems

Device Manager reports no problems

Diagnostics:

Tried With A fresh Install Of Genuine Windows (See Below For Specs). Fully Updated And Activated. All Drivers Installed And Nothing Else. Issue Not Fixed

Tried Swapping Dongles (I Have 2). Issue Still There (Issue Not With Dongle)

Tested Router With Different Portable Devices and Nearby Computer. Works OK.

Tried Changing Wireless Channels. Not Fixed

Restarting and Resetting The Router. Not Fixed

Tried Driver From The Website, Not Fixed

Tethered To Phone On 3G. Managed To Get Connected But With Grade F Line and <1Kb Speed (Phone Internet Is Fine)

Tried Different USB Ports / Reinstalled USB Drivers (USB 2 & 3). Not Fixed

Tried With Chrome. Not Fixed

Lowered Security Settings. Not Fixed

Physically Moved The Tower Closer To Teh Router (1Meter From The Router). Not Fixed.

My Specs:

Gigabyte Z77MX-D3H Motherboard

Core i7 3770 Processor

8GB DDR3 1600MHz RipjawsX Memory

Nvidia GTX660TI Graphics Card

260GB Force 3 Series SSD

2 x 500GB Seagate HDD's Raided to 1TB

Windows 7 Professional X64 Genuine

Microsoft Security Essentials With Windows Firewall (MSE Not Currently Installed)

Thats just about all i can think of at rate. If theres anything else that i think of in the mean time, i'll add it. I spoke to linksys tech support who basically ruled that the dongle can see networks and issue is with the PC so couldn't help further (Understandably).

I purchased this dongle as i need to connect to the 5G about 5 meters away and up one floor (Router one end of the house, my PC the other) but even moving very close to the router doesnt help.

Please provide any assistance you can think of because i'm at my wits end and have wasted an entire weekend trying to resolve this. Thank You

Dan Jackson

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Duplicate posts.   Go here:

Duplicate posts.  

Go here:  http://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12142666/linksys-ae6000-unstable-connection

Views
Helpful
Replies