cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Load threshold violation reported

Neil Haswell
Level 1
Level 1

I need a WCS report that will actually give me the top n Wireless Access points that have too many clients trying to authenticte to them.

We have some serious capacity issue in meeting rooms but we need a ball park figure of how many WAPs might be affected.

I know I can interogate the WCS to drill down and find out that WAPs are exceeding their threshold I just need to have a decent report generated.

I have searched the reports from WCS  6.0.202.0  and cannot seem to find anything that suits.

Many thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can also use Device -> "AP Profile Status" report. this will show you which APs pass the load profile and which do not. But they do not show actuall number unfortunately which is not probably your desire, but I am trying to find some ways to help you.

Load profile is configurable so you may change the threshold (AFAIK the default is 12) to 25 for example and those APs with 25 or more clients connected will be shown in this report with failed load profile.

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is interesting not to find it easily.

I spent an hour looking for such thing but it does not seem to be found direclty on WCS (I am using 7.x).

There is a template in Device -> Busiest APs. this shows busiest 5 APs but it does not seem to show them in term of number of users. it shows them in tx and rx utilization.

There should be a template under device also that list APs and there should be an option to show the clients per AP.

You can do it the other way (which is stupid to do it this way unless really needed) is to do a report to list all clients then you may open the CSV file via MS excel and filter per AP.

Cisco should really add support for this. It seems they stupidly forgot to add "client count" field in AP summary (or wherever in AP reports where showing client count is valid).

Sorry for not being able to help much

You can also use Device -> "AP Profile Status" report. this will show you which APs pass the load profile and which do not. But they do not show actuall number unfortunately which is not probably your desire, but I am trying to find some ways to help you.

Load profile is configurable so you may change the threshold (AFAIK the default is 12) to 25 for example and those APs with 25 or more clients connected will be shown in this report with failed load profile.

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Creating a report with unique clients and then exporting it to excel and creating a pivot table seems to ne the best way of getting the information i need.

It is a little long winded and I would hope cisco would provide for this in the next gen product.

It would be interesting to know if they did.

Thanks again

Neil:

Thanks for your reply.

It is better to contact your account manager to open a PER (Product Enhancement Request) case asking to add the feature you want.
Waiting for Cisco to do it by itself may take sometime and may no happen at all.

Opening a PER is a way to tell cisco what customers exactly need to take it in consideration in creating next versions.

Thanks again.

Amjad

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card