cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Local Bonjour Gateway display

codflanglers
Level 1
Level 1

Firstly, let me tell you about the setup.

SSID for clients and SSID for Apple TV devices common across all buildings in the campus. Uses 802.1x for clients and PSK for Apple TV devices.

Interface group for the SSID uses multiple vlans for the SSID, so also common across the campus. Interface set up for the Apple TV devices, again common across campus.

Now, what I want to be able to do is, when using Apple TV, only show the local Apple TV devices rather than the list that the controller knows about. Now, potentially we are going to be rolling these out everywhere, so the latter approach is not scalable.

I need a user to go to a room with an Apple TV device and only for it only to show the devices that are nearby, rather than a huge long list of devices on the campus.

Is this possible? Will it require a redesign to split SSIDs/VLANs to a per building basis?

1 Reply 1

codflanglers
Level 1
Level 1

Think I have just found the answer. You need to configure location specific services in the WLC CLI. If you run the following command it should tell you if LSS is enabled or not 

show mdns service summary

To enable LSS just run the following

config mdns service lss enable <service-name>

Apparently this uses the RRM DB to filter using the ap neighbor list. Think you need 7.6 though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card