cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

local EAP + stand-alone HREAP ?

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

What version of WLC software supports local EAP in stand-alone HREAP mode? Does 4.2M support it? I can't seem to find anything om 5.x/6.x release notes, and can't currently upgrade to test.

1 Reply 1

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

nevermind, I found my answer, I need 5.0 to support that

Controller software release 5.0.148.0 contains two new hybrid-REAP group features:

Backup RADIUS server-You can configure the controller to allow a hybrid-REAP access point in standalone mode to perform full 802.1X authentication to a backup RADIUS server. You can configure a primary RADIUS server or both a primary and secondary RADIUS server.

Local authentication-You can configure the controller to allow a hybrid-REAP access point in standalone mode to perform LEAP or EAP-FAST authentication for up to 20 statically configured users. The controller sends the static list of usernames and passwords to each hybrid-REAP access point when it joins the controller. Each access point in the group authenticates only its own associated clients. This feature is ideal for customers who migrate from an autonomous access point network to an LWAPP hybrid-REAP access point network and do not need to maintain a large user database nor add another hardware device to replace the RADIUS server functionality available in the autonomous access point.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card