Views
Helpful
Replies

Local Printer Access - Guest Auto Anchor

CB90021204
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a guest network setup utilising the Cisco auto anchor configuration. My Guest WLAN terminates on the Anchor controller.  The Guest WLAN is distributed accross numerous sites.  I now have a requirement to provide printer access for guests.

Are there any tricks to allowing Guest traffic to gain access to local network printers? I read about the OEAP Split Tunneling for local printers and was wondering if there is anyway of doing this with the auto anchor configuration?

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In auto-anchor mobility mode, a subset of a mobility group is specified as the anchor controllers for a WLAN. You can use this feature to restrict a WLAN to a single subnet, regardless of a client’s entry point into the network. Clients can then access a guest WLAN throughout an enterprise but still be restricted to a specific subnet. Auto-anchor mobility can also provide geographic load balancing because the WLANs can represent a particular section of a building (such as a lobby, a restaurant, and so on), effectively creating a set of home controllers for a WLAN

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-4/configuration/guides/consolidated/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED_chapter_010010100.html

Hi Mohanak,

Thanks for your reponse. Would you mind adding an example of how this would work?

The printers will be on the local network, I need to avoid print traffic being routed through to the DMZ anchor controller as this will consume the WAN link.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card