cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Low Loss cable length

a-gautam
Level 1
Level 1

I have to install Aironet 350 wireless bridge, but the distance between anteena and bridge will be more then 75metre (due to some LOS issues at site) so how can I have low loss cable of 75m when from Cisco, maximum 150ft cable is available??

3 Replies 3

blue.modal
Level 1
Level 1

LMR-400 is considered 'low-loss', but LMR-600 has even less loss and LMR-900 loss is exteremly low.

Your loss at 75 meters would be approximately:

LMR-600 - 10dB

LMR-900 - 6.5dB

You'll probably never find RP\TNC connectors, so plan on using Type N and N-to-RP\TNC jumpers to connect to the bridges.

Matthew Wheeler

www.BlueModal.com

I have found an excellent source of custom and pre-made cables from Fleeman Anderson & Bird Corp http://www.fab-corp.com/ I have dealt with them on numerous occasions with excellent results and quick turn around. They will even make custom cables with the required RP\TNC connectors on them eliminating losses associated with multiple adaptors.

Note to anyone checking out their site they do offer several amplifiers for the 2.4 & 5.8 Ghz bands. Please consult a knowledgeable engineer before attempting to extend your range in this fashion and always use good grounding practices.

I like to think we're an excellent souce ; )

but FAB does have a nice web site.

Matthew Wheeler

Chief Wireless Architect

www.BlueModal.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card