Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LWAPP and Autonomous

hello friends,

I need your help. We have a 4402-12AP and a 1121G outside the unified wireless network.

There are 2 vlans confgured on the WLC4402, 101 & 102. The ap-manager, management interface and AIR-1000-AP are on the vlan101. The port on the switch for the management interface is configured as a trunk with 101,102 allowed.

The 1121G is configured with those vlans with trunk configured on the switch too.

The problem is that when I associate to the 1121G i can't see the clients of the Unified WLAN.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: LWAPP and Autonomous

Hi,

I believe you need to examine the configuration of the switch port your LWAPP is connected to. Here is the documentation:

"While Cisco WLCs always connect to 802.1Q trunks, Cisco lightweight APs do not

understand VLAN tagging and so should be connected only to untagged, access ports on

the neighbor switch. This is fundamentally different from how autonomous APs connect

to switches, which must be connected to 802.1Q trunking ports."

Hope this helps. Please let us know if this answers your problem.

Best,

Paul

Re: LWAPP and Autonomous

hello,

I know that and is configured ok. Lightweight APs are on the VLAN 101 untagged, and Cisco WLC is connected to a trunk. Everything is working fine. I have introduced and autonomous AP that is conected to a trunk too, with the vlans configured on the WLC, but there is no communication between lightweight clients and autonomous clients.

Views
Helpful
Replies