cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LWAPP AP broadcasting incorrect SSID's

deyster94
Level 5
Level 5

I am totally miffed by this one.  I am running a vWLC version 7.6 and have two 3502i AP's connected to it.  The first one I brought up works fine and broadcasts my SSID's correctly.  I decided to install another one and once I got it connected, I didn't see it broadcasting any SSID's......or so I thought.  I used my wifi analyzer on my phone and it showed two new SSID's with a strong signal.  After looking at the MAC address associated with those SSID's, I figured out it was from the new AP I brought online.  

Here is what I am seeing.  I have an SSID called EMPLOYEE and this shows correctly on the first AP that was installed.  However, on the new AP, it shows it as EE.  Somehow it seems to be truncating the SSID.  I have never seen this happen before with an AP.  I have another AP that I am going to try to see if this happens as well.  If it does, I may just rebuild my vWLC since this is for my home lab.

I just wanted to put this out here to see if anyone else has run into this issue.

Let me know if you need info from the vWLC and I will post it.

TIA,

Dan 

6 Replies 6

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI,

do you have all APs in default group or ??

WLAN > Advanced > AP Groups.

Regards

Yes, they are both in the same AP group.

Did you get any resolution to this? I have the same issue on a 2504 running 7.6.100 and a 1532. I ordered a replacement AP as it's the only 1532 I have, but I am trying to troubleshoot in the meantime. Mine is truncating 6 characters, exactly the same as yours.

May be 7.6.100.0 code issue, upgrade it to 7.6.130.0 & see

HTH

Rasika

I can confirm that upgrading to 7.6.130.0 resolved the issue. Thanks!

Good to see it fixed in 7.6.130.0.

Thanks for the update & it helps others.

Rasika

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card