cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LWAPP AP moving to different controllers

hassan_si
Level 1
Level 1

I have define three controller IPs for a specific LWAPP AP under wireless settings on the controller. On what scenario the AP will join the different controller except the three controller which was defined.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The AP would go to a WLC outside the primary/secondary/tertiary that it is configured for only if it failed to join all three of the WLC.

It would then try to join any other WLC that is. I figured in the mobility group. If there are no other mobility members, it will them fall back to the standard discovery methods.

HTH,

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

You can't upgrade the wlc to support more AP's. Only the 5508 and the 2504 models are license upgradable. If you need to support more AP's you will have to purchase another wlc.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The AP would go to a WLC outside the primary/secondary/tertiary that it is configured for only if it failed to join all three of the WLC.

It would then try to join any other WLC that is. I figured in the mobility group. If there are no other mobility members, it will them fall back to the standard discovery methods.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

hassan_si
Level 1
Level 1

thanks for the update. One more question i have, my WLC 4402 supports only 12 AP right now. I believe it supports maximum 50AP. How to make it to support 50 AP?

You can't upgrade the wlc to support more AP's. Only the 5508 and the 2504 models are license upgradable. If you need to support more AP's you will have to purchase another wlc.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card