Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

LWAPP won't joint controller. Possible US/Mexico Issue

I have some LWAPPs in Mexico that will not join a controller set to MX country code until I first join them to a US controller, let it update the firmware, then join them to the MX controller. Is this normal? It seems very inefficient to do it this way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dan . . .

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: LWAPP won't joint controller. Possible US/Mexico Issue

Hi Dan,

No, this doesn't sound normal at all. I have not worked with AP's in different countries (Canada only :) but it sounds like you have some sort of mix and match between Country codes on the AP's vs WLC. Maybe you could look into what Country Code is set on each WLC. In WLC 4.1.171.1 and later you can set the controller for Multiple Country Codes. Maybe this would help;

Release Notes for Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and Lightweight Access Points for Release 4.1.171.0

Multiple country code support-This release allows you to configure up to 20 country codes per controller. This multiple-country support enables you to manage access points in various countries from a single controller. This feature is not supported for use with Cisco Aironet mesh access points.

-A (U.S., Canada, and Philippines), -N (Mexico, Australia, Hong Kong, India, and New Zealand),

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/c41170rn.html#wp257406

Hope this helps!

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies