Views
Helpful
Replies

Make 1142n LWAP as Repeater

Rishabh Nagpal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have AIR-LAP1142N-E-K9 access point working with WLC 4404 and I want to make this AP as repeater. Can someone guide me how to do that?

Thanx in Advance

regards

Rishabh Nagpal

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The "repeater" feature is called "Mesh access point" in WLC terminology and it does far more than just being a repeater. I would advise you to start reading the guides about Mesh.

But in short, only 1240 and 1130 can do Mesh.

Hope it clarifies.

Nicolas

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

View solution in original post

Well Mesh is LWAPP, not autonomous so you don't have to downgrade to autonomous.

Mesh would require you to put the root AP as mesh-root AP and the "repeater" as mesh-mesh AP. It also allows you to have several repeaters and it's much more efficient (uses both radios of the AP).

It doesn't disturb the rest of your config.

Nicolas

===

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The "repeater" feature is called "Mesh access point" in WLC terminology and it does far more than just being a repeater. I would advise you to start reading the guides about Mesh.

But in short, only 1240 and 1130 can do Mesh.

Hope it clarifies.

Nicolas

===

Hi Nicolas

Thanx for the prompt reply and help...i will go through the mesh configuration...one more quick query as i am completely new to wireless mesh, can we do a mesh config along with my WLC and LWAP scenario, i mean to say that can i extend my wireless coverage with a mesh topology having 1-2 ap's without disturbing my existing LWAP configurations and do we need to downgrade the LWAP to autonomous for the mesh config...

Regards

Rishabh

Well Mesh is LWAPP, not autonomous so you don't have to downgrade to autonomous.

Mesh would require you to put the root AP as mesh-root AP and the "repeater" as mesh-mesh AP. It also allows you to have several repeaters and it's much more efficient (uses both radios of the AP).

It doesn't disturb the rest of your config.

Nicolas

===

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card